“Shaping” for me is a craftsmanship practice which means constantly enabling, guiding and be of service of a team of makers, aligning their outcomes with:
- the expressed and unexpressed needs of end users (or people who actually use a product/service)
- ethos, vision and business goals of customers and stakeholders
In my career I mostly worked with design studios and projects for clients, playing in different roles and for several industries and therefore come across all possible facets of digital artifacts:
In this fluid context I had a chance to extract a “neutral” process (which I like to call product management with deadlines) made of four phases:
- Researching and reporting. Performing qualitative and quantitative users and competitive research with a keen eye on social issues and the ethical and human side of technology
- Envisioning and planning. Betting on a vision, developing a measurable strategy and roadmapping it
- Enabling and building. Orchestrating iterative cycles of design and development with a sustainable calm pace. Think about this activity like the one of a coxswain in a rowing crew
- Measuring and refining. Fostering iterative testing and refinements cycles driven by qualitative and crystal clear quantitative measurements
At Accurat I’m heading a cross-functional team focused on data visualization research, interactive reports, and data journalism projects for media companies, think tanks and foundations.
My main activity as a Team Leader is to define a strategy and a roadmap in order to constantly align the outcomes of my team with customers, market and the overarching company vision and goals.
Before my arrival at Accurat in 2018, in 2017 I worked at The Visual Agency, another Milanese data visualization firm where I started my professional adventure around data. This experience ignited a latent passion in news, media and data journalism and I can only be grateful to Ruggero Castagnola and Tommaso Guadagni for letting me to work on several data journalism projects published on Visualeyed.
Before my move to Milan, in 2014 I worked at Iperstudio, a collective studio based in Venice which I co-founded with Marco Mezzavilla and Fabrizio Goglia. Always in Venice, I collaborated with the design firm Studio Visuale.
Just after my MDes graduation in Visual and Multimedia Communication at Iuav University of Venice where I attended the IxD program, in 2013 I co-founded Mapnaut in Trento with Damiano Gui and Vladimir Shulyak.
Before moving in Venice I got a BDes in Indutrial Design at l’Università degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli in 2010 I attended an internship at Zelig, a design agency in Naples.
If you want to know more about my career check out my LinkedIn profile.